Brimstone Hill Fortress wins Third Best Caribbean Attraction award
The Brimestone Hill Fortress National Park located in St. Kitts has been named the 3rd Best Caribbean Attraction.
Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park is a UNESCO World Heritage Site of historical, cultural and architectural significance.
It is a:
monument to the ingenuity of the British military engineers who designed it and to the skill, strength and endurance of the African slaves who built and maintained it. One of the best preserved historical fortifications in the Americas, it is located on the island of St. Kitts.
The top 10 Caribbean Attractions also featured Romney Manor, (the 8th Best Caribbean Attraction) a historical building on the Nothern side of St. Kitts. It is the former residence of the owners of the Wingfield Estate Sugar Plantation. Since 1964, it has been the home of the Caribelle Batik workshop and store.
St. Kitts was the only destination to have two attractions placing in the top 10 under the attractions category. Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park 3rd and Romney Manor 8th.
The top 10 winners were determined by popular vote. Prior to the popular vote, a panel of experts partnered with 10Best editors to pick the initial nominees.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Caribbean Attraction are as follows:
- Arikok National Park – Aruba
- Shete Boka National Park – Curacao
- Brimstone Hill Fortress National Park – St. Kitts
- Nelson’s Dockyard – Antigua
- Dunn’s River Falls – Ocho Rios, Jamaica
- The Baths National Park – Virgin Gorda, British Virgin Islands
- St. Nicholas Abbey – Barbados
- Romney Manor – St. Kitts
- Parotte Ville – Sint Maarten
- Grand Etang National Park – Grenada